How to Adjust ClearType for Better Looking Fonts on Windows 10
ClearType is an integrated Windows-specific technology, an adjustment tool, that helps to improve the readability of text on an LCD screen.
Whether you are using a laptop, or two LCD or LED monitors, you can use the tool whenever you start to notice pixelated or jagged-looking text. This is often all it takes to fix the problem.
- Click the Windows 10 Start button, to open the Search box. In some configurations, the Cortana search field will be visible by default.
- In the Search field, type Adjust ClearType text.
- Under the Best Match option, click Adjust ClearType text.
- Click the check box next to Turn on ClearType. If the box is already checked, leave it on.
- Click Next to see additional options.
- Click Yes, I want to tune all monitors now. This will tune all of your monitors at once. If you don’t have multiple monitors, you can skip this part.
- If you have multiple monitors, you’ll see a screen that checks the native resolution. Click Next when it is finished.
- The ClearType adjustment tool will now walk you through some text samples. Click the samples that look best to you.
- Click Next when you’re done.
- Repeat the process, selecting the best-looking option. You’re done when you’ve reached the screen that says You have finished tuning the text on your monitors’ screen.
- Click Finish to apply the changes.
Credit: Laptop Mag
- How to Install Apps in Windows 10
- How to Snap 4 Windows at Once in Windows 10
- How to Snap Windows in Chrome OS