How to Add Decimal Points Automatically in Excel
There’s nothing more annoying than adding a decimal point, only to have Excel remove it. Or, worse still, adding decimals to every line, even though you’re using whole numbers in dollar format -- $12.00 shouldn’t require you to type a decimal point on each line, instead let it Excel do it for you.
- Open Excel and enter a new or existing workbook.
- Select the the column you’d like to add decimal points to. It doesn’t matter if there are no decimals, all decimals, or a mix of the two.
- Right-click and select Format Cells.
- Under the Number tab, choose Currency.
- The number of decimal places should be set to 2. If not, use the up/down arrows to select the number of decimal places (or just type it in). If it’s already set to 2, skip this step.
- Click OK.
- 10 Excel Business Tips You Need to Keep Your Job
- How to Use Microsoft Outlook Like a Pro
- 10 Microsoft Word Tips That Will Save Your Job