Laptop Guide

There are plenty of high-performance laptops on the market. Unfortunately, you'll have to navigate a minefield of inferior options. Our laptop reviews and buying guides are here to help you find the best laptop for your needs and your budget.

Latest Headlines

List of Laptop and Tablet Recalls - 2018 and Earlier

There are billions of laptops and tablets in the wild and the vast majority of them are completely safe to use. However, from time to time, manufacturers find out that one of their products has a defe...

Help Me, Laptop: Can I Mine Cryptocurrency?

I'm not an economist, nor am I a financial advisor, but you would have to have been living under a rock not to have heard of cryptocurrencies by now. How couldn't you? In the last couple of weeks, the...

Best Accessories for Your Dell XPS 13

The Dell XPS 13 is one of our favorite laptops, and it's pretty great on its own. But with a few accessories, you can be more productive, have backup power when you travel and even replace the oddly s...

Amazon's SanDisk Sale Includes SSDs from $75

When it comes to laptop upgrades, few can match the performance increase you'll get from installing a new SSD drive.Buy SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SSD on Amazon.comWhether you're booting up or switching b...

How to Reset a Chromebook

Wanna pass on that new Chromebook to your child or Grandma? You'll want to reset it to factory settings by wiping all your personal data. But, you should know that you'll be deleting your files, photo...

Why 66 Percent of Laptop Screens Suck

In the past few years, we've seen laptops get faster, lighter and a bit cheaper, but unfortunately the majority of them still have the same ugly, low-res screens they had six or seven years ago. Accor...

Get a 4K Dell Gaming Laptop for $611

Dell's Inspiron 15 7000 is no stranger to discounts, but the budget gaming laptop hasn't seen a significant price drop since the summer when it hit $650.All that is about to change. For a limited time...

This Year's MacBooks Will Have Apple-Made Chips

Apple's 2018 suite of MacBooks and Mac desktops will feature the company's T-series processors, according to a report from Bloomberg. Those chips are primarily security-based, but also have a few oth...

Most Business Laptops Still Have Horrible, Low-Res Screens. Here's Why.

In 2018, you wouldn't expect to start a new job, be shown to your desk and find an electric typewriter sitting there instead of a computer. You'd be shocked if the IT staff handed you a gray-scale Bla...

Help Me, Laptop: Can I Run PUBG?

Lots of people play games on their laptops, even if their machines aren't designed for it. This week, one user on the Tom's Guide forums wants to know if their laptop will be able to run PlayerUnknown...