Laptop Guide

There are plenty of high-performance laptops on the market. Unfortunately, you'll have to navigate a minefield of inferior options. Our laptop reviews and buying guides are here to help you find the best laptop for your needs and your budget.

Latest Headlines

Microsoft Teases New Surface For Tomorrow

Microsoft is said to be working on a new cheap Surface tablet. And now, details have leaked on what you'll get for the rumored $399 price.A tweet from Microsoft's @surface account teased the new Surfa...

Microsoft's Cheap Surface to Feature Pentium Chips (Report)

Processor evolution is a flat circle, or at least that's what it feels like, looking at the latest rumors of Microsoft's low-end Surface. Yes, believe it or not, that detachable 2-in-1 may feature Pen...

New Windows 10 Preview Makes Big Improvements to Edge, Skype

Microsoft has a new Windows 10 preview build, and it's jam-packed with improvements to some of the company's most popular apps. According to TechRadar, which obtained a copy of the build, the Edg...

The Best Time to Buy a Laptop

Nothing causes buyer's remorse quite like seeing the laptop you bought last month for $1,000 go on sale for $750. It's equally unpleasant to buy a pricey new Dell XPS 13 in November and then watch as ...

Huawei's Stylish Matebook D Is Now Just $599

The MateBook D is Huawei's answer to Apple's MacBook.The 14-inch laptop sports an Apple-like metallic unibody, full-size chiclet keyboard, and a large trackpad. But whereas Apple's cheapest laptop sta...

Snapdragon-Powered Laptops Could Soon Get a Big Boost

It appears that Qualcomm's looking to solve one of the biggest issues that plagued the first Windows laptops that ran on its chips: sluggish performance. New reports suggest that a suped-up Snapdragon...

Apple Acknowledges Failed MacBook KeyBoards with New Repair Program

Finally. In a post made on its Support section today, Apple admitted issues with its MacBook and MacBook Pro keyboards that users have reported for years. To ameliorate the frustration -- which has le...

Save Up to $500 in Lenovo's Huge ThinkPad Sale

Some of our favorite business laptops are on sale right now.From the Editors' Choice ThinkPad X1 Carbon to the ThinkPad T480, consumers can use coupon code "THINKPADSALE" to take from 20 to 30 percent...

Why I'm Ditching My MacBook Pro for the MateBook X Pro

Ever since 1998, when I won an iMac in a high school raffle, I've been firmly entrenched in Apple's world, and I thought I was never going back. But even though my 2012 MacBook Pro, the first Retina D...

Laptops with the Longest Battery Life

No matter how stacked its specs are, a laptop is useless if it can't hold a charge. Fortunately, there are plenty of notebooks that go the distance. Using our Laptop Mag Battery Test 2.0, which involv...