The iPad allows you to view and edit your documents simply from email attachments. Here's how you do it:
- Download Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite for iPad.
- Open an e-mail message with an Office document attached.
- Click on the file to begin downloading it. The iPad will automatically launch its own document viewer.
- To view and edit the document, click the arrow on the top right of the screen, and then tap the program you’d like to use beneath Open In... We selected Quickoffice.
- The iPad will now open the document using Quickoffice, so you can make changes and save.
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Responsible for the editorial vision for Laptopmag.com, Mark Spoonauer has been Editor in Chief of LAPTOP since 2003 and has covered technology for nearly 15 years. Mark speaks at key tech industry events and makes regular media appearances on CNBC, Fox and CNN. Mark was previously reviews editor at Mobile Computing, and his work has appeared in Wired, Popular Science and Inc.