For its BlackBerry 10 operating system, RIM has introduced its new Maps navigation app. And like other navigation apps on the market, Maps features a voice navigation function. But sometimes you just want to drive without being nagged by the disembodied voice coming from your smartphone. If you find yourself in such a situation, you can quickly disable Maps' voice navigation function. To do this:
1. Open the Maps app and swipe down from the top of the screen to access the menu bar.
2. Select Settings and tap Navigation Audio.
3. Press the "Tone Only" option and tap the Back button at the bottom of the screen. Voice navigation will no longer bother you.
More Blackberry 10 Tips
- How to Master BlackBerry 10's Gestures
- How to Move Predictive Text on BlackBerry 10's Keyboard
- How to Use the Time Shift Camera App in BlackBerry 10
- How to Edit Photos Using BlackBerry 10
- How to Put Your BlackBerry 10 Phone in Airplane Mode
- How to Copy and Paste Text in BlackBerry 10
- How to Change the Search Engine in BlackBerry 10's Browser
- How to Add Bookmarks to BlackBerry 10's Web Browser
- How to Create App Folders with BlackBerry 10
- How to Add Email and Social Media Accounts to BlackBerry 10
- How to Add Languages to BlackBerry 10's Virtual Keyboard
- How to Add Shortcuts to BlackBerry 10's Virtual Keyboard
- How to Change Navigation Settings in BlackBerry 10
- How to Disable Voice Navigation in BlackBerry 10