How to Create a Kid-Safe Account on Windows 10
Windows 10, with its ability to add multiple accounts, allows you to share a single device with numerous family members. Aside from personalization options and tweaking the default settings a bit for each account, you can also create a kids account to help them learn to use the computer in a responsible, controlled setting.
Once created, you can manage this account in a number of ways: from setting up tools to censor certain content, to block them from purchasing apps, or even just to review a report of how they’re spending their time online, all things are possible with a child-specific account.
- Open Settings by right-clicking the Start menu and choosing the it form the list of options.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click Family & other people from the sidebar at the left.
- Under Your family, click Add a family member.
- Select the Add a child option and enter their email address (or choose the link below the email address box if they don’t have one).
- Click Next to continue.
- Click Confirm to add the account.
- Click Close to complete the task.