Laptop Guide

There are plenty of high-performance laptops on the market. Unfortunately, you'll have to navigate a minefield of inferior options. Our laptop reviews and buying guides are here to help you find the best laptop for your needs and your budget.

Latest Headlines

Asus ROG Strix (GL502VT-DS74) Review

The Asus ROG Strix combines great gaming performance with excellent battery life and a vivid 1080p display, but it runs hot.

Asus' New Graphics Amp Could Put Desktops Out of a Job

One big advantage desktops hold over gaming notebooks is the ease with which you can upgrade its parts. But with Asus' ROG XG Station 2, that lead could be a thing of the past.That's because Asus' sec...

The Gigabyte Aero 14: Powerful, Portable and Productive

TAIPEI, Taiwan — I spend a lot of time writing, but that's not all I do. I spend a fair bit of time photo editing, YouTube streaming and PC gaming, when the time and place allows. That's what makes...

Dell's Inspiron 2-in-1s Do Full HD, Windows Hello for $529

Students and families looking for an affordable 2-in-1 laptop have a set of compelling new options from Dell. Available June 2nd, the Inspiron 11 3000, 13 5000 and 15 5000 offer stylish designs and so...

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition Review

The Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition combines elegant looks with midtier gaming performance, but it doesn't offer enough battery life.

Asus ZenBook 3 Packs Core i7 CPU in MacBook-Size Body

Ultrathin laptops with a handful of USB Type-C ports are all the rage in 2016. Earlier this spring, Apple refreshed its MacBook 12-inch while HP rolled out its even-thinner EliteBook Folio G1 and anno...

How to Copy Your Hard Drive by Cloning It or Backing It Up

Whether you’re replacing an old hard disk drive with a faster solid state drive or you're simply upgrading to something with more capacity, you’ll want to copy your data from the old drive to the ...

Acer's Switch 2-in-1 Laptops Start at $249

Acer just took the wraps off a pair of budget-priced laptops. The Switch V 10 and Switch One 10 start at just $249. Both Windows 10 laptops feature 1o-inch multitouch displays with antimicrobial Cor...

HP Omen Enters Sub-$1000 Gaming Laptop Arena

HP has ominous intentions for budget gamers--and that's a great thing. Following the launch of last year's Omen gaming laptop, Starting July 10, HP is expanding the line to include several new gaming ...

Amazon, Barnes & Noble, HP Top Customer Service Survey

Whether you’re in the market for a new smartphone or a new car, customer service is a key factor in determining your brand loyalty -— just ask anyone who’s been on hold waiting for a representat...