Windows 11 was announced today with a refreshed user interface and several new features. Much attention will be made to the design changes, but another important aspect of Windows 11 is performance.
Microsoft said during its Windows 11 event that the operating system would enable longer battery life in laptops as a result of power optimization. Moreover, updates will happen in the background and be 40% smaller than Windows 10 updates.
Upgrading to Windows 11 will be free and the process is the same as making a Windows 10 update. The new OS will arrive this holiday on eligible PCs and new models.
Windows 11 news and updates
- Windows 11: Your guide to Microsoft's next Windows OS
- Windows 11 release date — when is Microsoft's new OS arriving?
- Windows 11 revamped the touch keyboard — it now features GIFs, voice typing and more
- Windows 11 new startup sound got leaked — and it sounds like Minecraft music
- Windows 11 Taskbar and Start Menu get a modern remake
- Windows 11 Search Bar: What changed and what didn't
- Windows 11 gets revamped UI — see how the design changed from Windows 10
- Windows 11 promises longer battery life for laptops, 40% smaller updates
- Microsoft Teams to be integrated into Windows 11 — What that means
- Windows 11 makes multitasking a breeze — how it works