Note: This is not investment advice. This is for educational purposes only. Please note that cryptocurrency is a highly volatile asset class.
"How to buy Solana" is a question flooding the Google search engine, likely due to its jaw-dropping, skyrocketing growth over the past two years.
The Solana blockchain has been dubbed "the Ethereum killer" by some cryptocurrency pundits. Why? Because Solana aims to soothe many of the pain points Ethereum hasn't been able to alleviate, including ridiculously high gas fees and scalability issues.
How to buy Solana
1. If you haven't already, sign up for a Coinbase account. After you've completed the KYC process and linked your bank account, go to step two.
2. On the top-right corner of the homepage, click on "Buy/Sell."
2. Bitcoin is usually the default crypto, so you'll have to click on "Buy" and select Solana from the "Select Asset" list. It should be the fifth asset on the list.
3. Input how much USD you'd like to spend on Solana. Click on "Preview Buy."
4. An "Order Preview" page will pop up. Read it to ensure that all of the details are accurate.
5. Click on "Buy Now."
There you have it. You've just made your first Solana (SOL) purchase.
Keep in mind that cryptocurrency is a highly volatile asset class. Please exercise sufficient risk management. As with any investment, only invest what you can afford to lose.
Stay in the know with Laptop Mag
Get our in-depth reviews, helpful tips, great deals, and the biggest news stories delivered to your inbox.
Kimberly Gedeon, holding a Master's degree in International Journalism, launched her career as a journalist for MadameNoire's business beat in 2013. She loved translating stuffy stories about the economy, personal finance and investing into digestible, easy-to-understand, entertaining stories for young women of color. During her time on the business beat, she discovered her passion for tech as she dove into articles about tech entrepreneurship, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and the latest tablets. After eight years of freelancing, dabbling in a myriad of beats, she's finally found a home at Laptop Mag that accepts her as the crypto-addicted, virtual reality-loving, investing-focused, tech-fascinated nerd she is. Woot!