How to Use Sparklines to Create Mini Graphs in an Excel Workbook
Using sparklines allows you to display data trends without going to the trouble of creating a full-blown chart or graph. It’s simple, on-demand information capable of showing trend data (whether something is trending up or down).
- Open an Excel workbook, or create a new one. For the sake of this tutorial we’ll look at a fictional company’s quarterly sales.
- Under the Insert tab, click the Line icon.
- Left click and drag the data range you’d like to display with a sparkline. For this example, I’d click in column C, rob 4 and drag it to column E of the same row.
- Press OK to insert the sparkline.
- In the Ribbon, you’ll see the Design tab is now active. From there, simply choose the style of line you’d like to use, or you can stick with the default.
- 10 Excel Business Tips You Need to Keep Your Job
- How to Use Microsoft Outlook Like a Pro
- 10 Microsoft Word Tips That Will Save Your Job