How to Remove Duplicate Files on Windows
As laptop storage continues to decrease, it’s a good idea to start weeding your system of unneeded duplicate files. And you’ll probably be surprised to find quite a few of them. Windows isn’t the most efficient at organizing, storing, or even deleting files, so it typically leads to quite a few duplicates the first time you try to find them.
Today we’re going to use a free program that’s pre-installed on all Windows computers called CCleaner to get rid of these duplicate files.
- Open CCleaner by double clicking the icon on your desktop (or wherever it’s stored on your particular machine.
- Click on the Tools icon within CCleaner.
- Click Duplicate Finder.
- Click the Search button to begin the search for duplicate files.
- Click the OK button once the search has completed.
- Once CCleaner finds your duplicates, go through the list and check the box next to each of them that you’d like to delete.
- Click Delete selected.
- Click OK on the prompt that reminds you that this process will permanently delete these files from your system.
- Click OK once CCleaner confirms the files are deleted.
Credit: Laptop Mag
- How to Show Hidden Files in Windows 10 and Previous
- How to Add a Printer in Windows 10
- How to Manage Snap Assist Settings in Windows 10