How to Disable the Office 2013 Typing Animation
Talk about placing style over substance! Office 2013 features a uniquely annoying typing animation which makes letters appears as if they're sliding under the cursor as you type. If you're a fast typist, this animation is particularly annoying because it feels like the animation is a little slower than you are. Fortunately, even though Microsoft doesn't include a menu option to disable the Office 2013 typing animation, you can turn it off by following a few simple steps.
MORE: Top 25 Windows 8 Apps
1. Open the Registry Editor. You can open it by hitting Windows + R and then typing "regedit" into the Run box and hitting OK.
2. Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common registry key.
3. Right click in the pane and select New then Key. A new registry key named New Key #1.
4. Rename the new key to "Graphics."
5. Create a new DWORD value under Graphics. You do that by selecting the Graphics key, right clicking in the right window pane and selecting New and then DWORD Value.
6. Name the DWORD Value "DisableAnimations."
7. Give DisableAnimations a Value data of 1. You can assign this value by double clicking on DisableAnimations, entering 1 in the Value data field and clicking OK.
8. Close the Registry Editor and reboot.
- How to Recover Documents in Word 2013
- 25 Free and Useful Windows Desktop Gadgets
- How To Edit a PDF in Word 2013