Laptop Guide

There are plenty of high-performance laptops on the market. Unfortunately, you'll have to navigate a minefield of inferior options. Our laptop reviews and buying guides are here to help you find the best laptop for your needs and your budget.

Latest Headlines

Asus VivoBook S15 Brings Color to Midrange Notebooks

At its Computex press conference in Taipei, Asus announced its new VivoBook S14 and S15 notebooks with quad-core processors, minimal bezels and fun colors that are far more vivid than many other noteb...

Top 11 macOS Mojave Features

At WWDC today (June 4), Apple's Senior Vice President Craig Federighi revealed a lot of new Mac features, and a new name. Yes, macOS 11.14 Mojave is coming to users this fall.Highlights of this new, f...

Lenovo's Great IdeaPad 710S Just Hit Lowest Price Yet

Lenovo's IdeaPad 710S Plus is a solid ultraportable that provides more bang for your buck than most mainstream laptops.Currently, you can use coupon code "SAV5XTRA" to drop its price to an all-time lo...

Lenovo Readying Sequel to Weirdest Laptop Ever

One of the most innovative, but weirdest tech products of 2016, the Lenovo Yoga Book, may be getting a second chance. Regulatory filings at Bluetooth SIG (originally spotted by Lilliputing) list a Yog...

New Chrome 67 Out Now: Password-Free Logins and More

Chrome's adding a bunch of new tools that will allow for sites to add new security measures, preparing us for a world without traditional passwords. This latest update packs other new features as well...

Dell XPS 13 Is Now Up to $163 Off

Memorial Day may be a distant memory, but Dell's XPS sale lives on for another 24 hours.Today, the PC manufacturer is adding its just-released XPS 15 9570 to the mix, which makes it the first time thi...

I've Tested Hundreds of Laptops. Here's Why I Bought a ThinkPad X1 Carbon.

As the current editor-in-chief of Tom's Hardware and former editorial director of Laptop Mag (through April), I've tried hundreds, perhaps thousands of different notebooks in the past decade. But beli...

Acer Chromebook 13 Spin with 8th-Gen Core Is Overkill, in a Good Way

NEW YORK - How much power do you need if you’re buying a Chromebook? If you answered, "an 8th-gen Intel Core processor, up to 16GB of RAM and up to 128GB SSD," we have your machine.I just went hands-o...

Acer Swift 5 Hands-on: 'World's Lightest' 15-inch Laptop Makes Me Giddy

NEW YORK - It's less than 2.2 pounds. That’s how ridiculously light the new Acer Swift 5 is. I just went hands-on with this 15-inch notebook at Acer’s New York City press event, and I can’t believe th...

Save Big on XPS and Alienware for Dell's Memorial Day Sale

Memorial Day is still a week away, but that's not stopping Dell from unleashing a fury of deals.The PC manufacturer is slashing prices on a wide range of laptops from its Inspiron family to its top-of...