eReader Guide

Latest Headlines

Barnes and Noble's Pandigital Novel: eReader or Tablet?

Barnes & Noble is not playing around when it comes to the eReader market. Not only do they have their homegrown Nook, but also devices made by several other companies: Plastic Logic, iRex, Samsung...

There are three core attributes I look for when evaluating eReaders: good ergonomics, an intuitive interface, and speed. If an eReader is sluggish when you're trying to navigate the library, browser f...

Entourage Edge Review

This Android-powered eReader and Tablet combo works well, but it's not yet fully baked.

As excited as I am about the slew of Android-driven tablets and other non-phone devices coming out in the new few weeks and months, the lack of the official Android Market on many of them is dampening...

Almost since the day the first eReaders were introduced both fans and detractors have asked: what about color? The main manufacturing focus was and continues to be on black and white/grayscale display...

I was walking the show floor today at CES when I spotted the Marvell booth. The semiconductor company is showing off the full range of devices powered by their technology -- that includes tablets, mul...

Following the lead of Sony and Barnes & Noble, whose PC software allows users to read eBooks on their PCs, today Amazon announced Kindle for PC. This free software will allow consumers with Window...

Amazon Kindle DX Review

The larger Kindle DX is a well rounded e-book optimized for reading textbooks and newspapers, but we wish it were less expensive.

Soon after the $489 price of the Kindle DX was announced, Amazon’s big-screen follow-up to the Kindle 2, I scoured Twitter for early reactions. The consensus: the device is just too expensive for st...

Paul Aiken, director of the Author’s Guild, seems to think that the Kindle 2's text-to-speech function is a fancy new technology that turns all books into audio books.  Mr. Aiken, I submit, doesn't kn...