How to Change the Apple ID on an iPad
Have you ever created a new Apple ID, but your old account still remains tied to your tablet? Or perhaps you share your iPad with your sibling or spouse and you don’t want their purchases being charged to your account. Luckily you can easily change the Apple ID that’s associated with a device by following these simple steps. This guide will tell you how to change the Apple ID tied to iTunes and App store purchases as well as the iCloud.
1. Navigate to the Settings menu. You can do this by tapping the Settings icon after unlocking your iPad.
2. Scroll down to the iTunes & App Stores option in the Settings Menu on the left hand side of the screen.
3. Press the Apple ID displayed at the top of the page under iTunes & App Stores. This will pull up a dialogue box with four options: View Apple ID, Sign Out, iForgot and Cancel.
4. Select Sign Out to log out of the current Apple ID associated with the device. If you simply forgot your password, press iForgot. If you would like to view more information about the Apple ID currently signed in to the device, press the top option.
4. Enter the desired Apple ID and password after selecting Sign Out. If you’d like to create a new account, press the Apple ID button below it. Once you select the Apple ID you want associated with the device, it will automatically be linked to the iTunes and App Store.
5. Navigate down to iCloud in the Settings menu to change the Apple ID associated with your iCloud account. Press the Account field located at the top of the screen.
6. Enter the new Apple ID and password in the specified fields. Once this is done, the new Apple ID will be associated with your iCloud account.