7 Indispensable Android Tablet Tips
Android's Ice Cream Sandwich operating system isn't available for tablets (or many smartphones, for that matter), but there's still plenty every slate user can do with their device—from making video calls to friendly faces with Google Talk to decorating each and every homescreen with widgets galore and multitasking through a bevy of active applications. Keep reading for more indispensable Android tablet tips.
- Change Android Notifications & Settings
While Android phones use a drop-down menu to display notifications, Honeycomb tablets take a different approach.
- Customize the Android Home Screen
With Honeycomb you can customize the homescreens on Android slates with widgets, apps, folders, and special shortcuts.
- Edit Video on an Android Tablet Using Movie Studio
Google’s Movie Studio for Android lets you piece together a mini movie, complete with transitions, title templates, and effects.
- How to Multitask on Your Android Tablet
The Recent Apps button on Android Honeycomb tablets makes it a breeze to switch between open programs.
- Make a Video Call with Google Talk
Video chat functionality comes standard on Honeycomb tablets.
- Make the Most of the Android Browser
Android beat iOS to the punch when it comes to tabbed browsing, and it offers other such goodies.
- Use E-Mail More Efficiently
Honeycomb offers some pretty intuitive ways to navigate mail.
- Top 10 Tablets Available Right Now
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Kindle Fire
- Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet are eReaders with Benefits, Not Tablets