by Todd Haselton on May 15, 2008
You don’t need to be on an enterprise account just to get access to your e-mail on your BlackBerry; it’s easy to set up your e-mail accounts. Whether your account is through AOL mail, Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo we’ll show you how to get it done in minutes.
We'll also show you how to set up an educational e-mail or ISP-based e-mail account on the next page.
1. Open E-mail Settings on your BlackBerry home screen.
2. Click Create New Account.
3. Click Yes to signify that you Agree to the Terms, then click I Agree.
4. On the next screen, enter your username and password for the account you plan to use and click Next.
5. On the E-mail Account Setup page, type in the e-mail address you plan to set up, as well as the password for that account, and click Next. (Yes, we think this is redundant, too.)
Voila! You’re done setting up your e-mail. You should receive confirmation shortly and see your new mailbox on the BlackBerry home screen.